Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Postal Code: 60606
Requisition #: 53656BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel Percentage: 26% to 50%
Last Updated: 2013-09-06
Why CH2M HILL
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go “Green" and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M HILL's Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth's natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Senior Air Quality Specialist and Client Service Manager
– Chicago, IL, Denver, CO or Parsippany, NJ
The challenge? Serve the strategic and operational environmental compliance needs of our clients in Federal and Commercial market. Our Air Quality Specialist and Client Service Manager
careers provide you with an opportunity to be responsible for contributing to the pursuit, capture, management and execution of air quality management and compliance projects.
Here is your opportunity to take your knowledge of, and experience with, air quality assessments and synergize it with the resources and expertise of one of the world's most renowned engineering and consulting firms. Working with commercial and federal clients across the United States, you will play a key role in conducting environmental compliance and air quality projects affecting millions of US citizens.
You will compile, analyze, and interpret results of a variety of technical analyses and testing required for research, development, or quality control of processes or products. You also must have a thorough understanding of business objectives, priorities and strategy, and understand industry practices and competitors. When your name is mentioned at the Air Waste and Management Association, people nod approvingly. This opportunity will provide challenge, rewards, and fulfilling experiences.
Our Senior Air Quality Specialist/Client Service Manager
- Act as a strategic resource, trusted advisor and project manager in all tasks and programs related to the delivery of air quality and greenhouse gas projects.
- Lead/support business development & proposal activities (writing, estimating and or presenting) for air quality and greenhouse gas services in United States.
- Operate as part of a client service or client account team member to cultivate client relationships, business growth strategies for one or more targeted clients located in Alberta.
- Provide senior review and QA/QC support for project deliverables as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical resource on advances in practices and/or new or modified applicable laws and regulations for air quality.
- Establish and utilize a wide “network" (informal and formal) with the staff and management in the Environmental Services Business Group including peers, project managers, technical staff, and management.
- Business travel to client sites and offices for meetings will be required for this role.
CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Atmospheric Science, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 15 – 20 years of air quality experience with experience in Business Development
- Current and relevant Consultant work experience with a focus on stationary source permitting support, estimating emissions, Title V reporting, development of source category specific emission factors, regulatory compliance analyze and emission reporting for various federal and commercial facilities.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), General Conformity, Transportation Conformity, and other federal and state laws and regulations, particularly as they relate to air quality compliance for power plants, compressor station, electrical utility, and industrial projects
- 20 years experience with air quality.
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.