Location: Houston, TX, United States
Postal Code: 77079
Requisition #: 53616BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Career Level: Professional
Travel Percentage: 5% to 10%
Last Updated: 2013-12-05
Why CH2M HILL
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Senior I&C Engineer Job - Houston, Texas
The challenge? Helping to meet the ever increasing global demand for energy. Our Senior I&C Engineer job provides you the opportunity to l ead and work with a team of engineers and designers on large, multi-million dollar projects in the oil & gas and ptrochemical industries. Each day, you will p lan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work flow to I&C and other Engineering Departmental support. You should be a self-motivated degree and licensed electrical engineer with at least ten years design experience within the instrumentation and control discipline and the oil and gas and/or chemicals industry as well as a desire to grow personally and professionally with each I&C project.
Our Senior I&C Engineers:
- Manage their team's work flow and support interdisciplinary coordination across various technical fields.
- Foster a cohesive team work environment, preparing and delivering engineering design work packages with an attention to detail and quality.
- Create customer-specified deliverables on time and within budget, and work closely with client engineering leads as well as CH2M HILL project management.
- Play a key role in helping the team manager enhance design practices and guidelines to build the department into a vibrant, dynamic environment.
- Prepare and update project design milestones, construction specifications and construction documents, staffing plans, engineering reports, studies and calculations
- Practice under department standards to perform engineering procedures, designs and calculations and technical accuracy Identify customer's needs and translate them into design specifications
- Verify existing drawings as required from designers' and drafters' shop drawings and/or vendor drawings
- Develop hazardous area classifications
- Budget for solutions in capital cost estimates, labor-hour budgets and schedule constraints
- Manage and maintain project Engineering Change Requests (ECR's), earned value, budget and schedule, updated files of projects including shop drawings and discipline drawings
- Provide input on employees' performance appraisal to Department Manager
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers and designers
- 10 plus years of engineering and design experience within instrumentation and control discipline with technical expertise in the energy and chemicals industry
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in preparing I&C design and engineering deliverables with P&IDs, Instrument Index, Instrument Specifications, Control System Specifications, Design Drawings including Control System Architecture, Control Panel Layouts with BOM, Power Junction Box (PJB), Instrument Junction Box (IJB), Instrument Loop Wiring Diagrams, Control Schematics, Cable Schedules, Instrument Installation Details, and Instrument Location Plans, Piping's 3-D Model and Isometrics checks, Electrical Cable & Conduits, industry codes; NFPA, API, NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API, ISA, ASI.
- Functional experience with I&C design tools including working experience with SPI (INTools). Microsoft Office application suite experience is needed with an emphasis on Excel.
- Active Professional Engineer registration
- Master's degree in Engineering
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
Why CH2M HILL
Since 1946, CH2M HILL has been a leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, our people grow and develop — transforming complex, creative ideas into reality, every day. We help you reach your highest career goals through continuous professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join us, and experience the most challenging power projects with the greatest impact - on your career as well as on the world.
Design, Electrical-Electronics-Instrumentation-Controls, Energy, Engineering, Oil-Gas-Refinery