CH2M HILL Canada
A History Grounded in Trust and Excellence
Since 1919, our clients have trusted us with the most important projects in their communities. This repeat business is a testament to the abilities and commitment of our staff. We care about what we do. It's why we come to work every day.
We are a global project delivery company with services in consulting, design, design-build, operations and programme management. But we are also employee-owned. We can chart our own course, and we can make business decisions that are based on collaboration, careful cost management and our own people putting ownership to work.
What it is like to work in Canada?
Across Canada and around the world, you will be joining a highly talented group of people who provide a full spectrum of consulting, programme management, design, construction and operations solutions. At CH2M HILL, we value diversity, safety and collaboration, as these elements create an environment which fosters success for all. We live the CH2M HILL core values of honesty and respect.
We know that our staff have choices in where they work. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, and as an employee-owned firm, we re-invest in the company. Our staff say that we're about more than the money: we want to make a difference in the communities we live and work in. As a valued member of CH2M HILL, you will enjoy benefits that show you we genuinely care about your personal and professional growth:
- Contributions to Staff RSPs
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Personal Day Off
- Earned Days Off
- Professional Registration Support
- Educational Funds
- CH2M HILL University
Calgary International Airport Runway - Calgary, Alberta
CH2M HILL is involved in leading many aspects of the Calgary International Airport's newest runway, taxiways and associated infrastructure. The runway will be the longest civil aviation runway in Canada, at 4,267 metres.
Golden Ears Bridge - Lower Mainland, British Columbia
Completed in 2009, the Golden Ears Bridge significantly improves transportation mobility between four rapidly growing municipalities about 30 km east of Vancouver. CH2M HILL was part of the fully integrated design-build joint venture team.
Lakeview Water Treatment Plant - Mississauga, Ontario
The Region of Peel embarked on a major investment in its drinking water and wastewater infrastructure to meet both the demands of its own population and users in the York Region. The project was completed within budget and ahead of schedule. CH2M HILL provided comprehensive engineering services.
Maxhamish Pipeline - British Columbia
Spectra Energy's Maxhamish Pipeline Loop project in Northern British Columbia was completed in 2010. CH2M HILL provided design engineering, drafting/mapping, procurement support, construction support and as-builts for the project.
Pine Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant - Calgary, Alberta
The Pine Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant is a greenfield plant located in the Bow River Valley. CH2M HILL, with its joint venture partners, provided conceptual, functional and detailed design; construction services; commissioning; and post-construction services for all project facilities.
West Don Lands - Toronto, Ontario
CH2M HILL is providing environmental services on the West Don Lands, a 32-hectare site within the City of Toronto. In partnership with Ontario Infrastructure and Lands Corporation (known as Infrastructure Ontario), CH2M HILL has been successfully delivering the project since April 2010.
- "CH2M HILL has excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth; the leadership team genuinely cares about the success and contributions of their employees. The flexible work schedules and exceptional facilities are suited to any lifestyle; whether you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle at the gym or indulge in after-work dining."
- "As with any workplace, the people and the corporate culture they cleave to drive the true identity of a company. At CH2M HILL, one doesn't just feel as though they are part of the team, but they are an integral element of each project in which they participate. Hard work is recognized often, both as teams and individuals, making each challenging project rewarding. The flat hierarchy of the CH2M HILL team promotes meaningful and effective communication, while striving toward our corporate culture of Target Zero. "
- "CH2M HILL helped me through the immigration process to move to Canada from the UK, and at the start of 2012, I began my new life in Calgary. I work on a specialized team of Management Consultants who focus in Asset Management for clients across Canada. Coming from a large corporate consulting firm, I'm really enjoying the flexibility of working in a small, close-knit team, supported by the resources of one of the world's biggest engineering firms. With high growth targets over the next few years, our team has an exciting future, and I'm looking forward to being part of the journey."
- "CH2M HILL gives challenging work to young people and encourages them to grow with proper coaching/training. Plus, the company really emphasizes balancing work and personal life. CH2M HILL has high-class leaders who will drive our team to success. Furthermore, every team member is willing to do a good job, which is how we will help our clients build a better and more sustainable world. Finally, I can summarize why this is the best place to work in Canada with the following sentence from founder and former Jim Howland: 'Do good work. Make a profit. Enjoy life!'"
- "I was originally attracted to CH2M HILL because of their presence in my local community. Once I began working at CH2M HILL, the size and global reach of the company became quickly evident. I've had the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of projects at CH2M HILL; from small, local studies to large design and construction projects. What keeps me at CH2M HILL is new challenges every day, working with great team members, and ultimately delivering successful projects for our clients."